Former RBS marketing boss Helen Page joins Clydesdale Bank
National Australia Bank has hired ex-RBS marketer Helen Page as chief marketing officer for its Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank brands.
Page, formerly managing director for marketing and innovation, UK retail, at RBS, has been appointed to lead marketing, brand and complaint-handling activity and develop a reputation for 'distinctive customer service' across the brands.
She is also understood to be leading a review of the brands' ad accounts, currently held by The Union.
Page left RBS in 2011, seven years after joining as brand director for NatWest. Prior to this, she held senior marketing roles with Argos and Abbey.
Page led the development of RBS and NatWest's ongoing 'Helpful banking' marketing strategy, promising to reform its retail bank operations to be more helpful to customers.
It has been rumoured that National Australia Bank plans to offload both Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks, after posting a £183m loss in the year to September 2012.
Spanish bank Santander has been linked with a £2bn bid for the brands and their combined 316 branches.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York