Eurostar capitalises on Beckham publicity with ad
Eurostar is making the most of the publicity around David Beckham's arrival at French football club Paris St Germain and his promise to give his wages to charity, with a light-hearted ad highlighting its "transfer fee".
The Eurostar ad will run in print and promote the Eurostar’s own transfer fee between the UK and Paris with the tagline, "England’s football star just arrived in Paris. Transfer fee: €88*"
The ad was created by the French ad agency CLM BBDO and the white text is underlined by red and is set against a blue background, above a red silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.
At CLM BBDO the copywriter was Vincent Cusenier and the artistic director was Lucie Valloton.
At the bottom of the page, the ad continues, "London-Paris by Eurostar for as little as €88*" and then in the small print, * indicates a return ticket.
Former Manchester United and LA Galaxy midfielder Beckham, who is 37 years old, signed a five-month deal with Paris St Germain for a fee reported to be more than £3m last week, but pledged to give all his wages to charity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad