Eurostar capitalises on Beckham publicity with ad
Eurostar is making the most of the publicity around David Beckham's arrival at French football club Paris St Germain and his promise to give his wages to charity, with a light-hearted ad highlighting its "transfer fee".
The Eurostar ad will run in print and promote the Eurostar’s own transfer fee between the UK and Paris with the tagline, "England’s football star just arrived in Paris. Transfer fee: €88*"
The ad was created by the French ad agency CLM BBDO and the white text is underlined by red and is set against a blue background, above a red silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.
At CLM BBDO the copywriter was Vincent Cusenier and the artistic director was Lucie Valloton.
At the bottom of the page, the ad continues, "London-Paris by Eurostar for as little as €88*" and then in the small print, * indicates a return ticket.
Former Manchester United and LA Galaxy midfielder Beckham, who is 37 years old, signed a five-month deal with Paris St Germain for a fee reported to be more than £3m last week, but pledged to give all his wages to charity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham