Eurostar capitalises on Beckham publicity with ad
Eurostar is making the most of the publicity around David Beckham's arrival at French football club Paris St Germain and his promise to give his wages to charity, with a light-hearted ad highlighting its "transfer fee".
The Eurostar ad will run in print and promote the Eurostar’s own transfer fee between the UK and Paris with the tagline, "England’s football star just arrived in Paris. Transfer fee: €88*"
The ad was created by the French ad agency CLM BBDO and the white text is underlined by red and is set against a blue background, above a red silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.
At CLM BBDO the copywriter was Vincent Cusenier and the artistic director was Lucie Valloton.
At the bottom of the page, the ad continues, "London-Paris by Eurostar for as little as €88*" and then in the small print, * indicates a return ticket.
Former Manchester United and LA Galaxy midfielder Beckham, who is 37 years old, signed a five-month deal with Paris St Germain for a fee reported to be more than £3m last week, but pledged to give all his wages to charity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, Integrated, £32,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance and bonus, London
- Fastrack Graduate scheme - Recruitment Jarlett de Grouchy £18000 - £23000 per annum + £40k OTE in first year, London
- Global Managing Copy Editor Creative Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum, West London
- UX / Digital Strategist BrightLemon London 36K- 40K, London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote