Eurostar capitalises on Beckham publicity with ad
Eurostar is making the most of the publicity around David Beckham's arrival at French football club Paris St Germain and his promise to give his wages to charity, with a light-hearted ad highlighting its "transfer fee".
The Eurostar ad will run in print and promote the Eurostar’s own transfer fee between the UK and Paris with the tagline, "England’s football star just arrived in Paris. Transfer fee: €88*"
The ad was created by the French ad agency CLM BBDO and the white text is underlined by red and is set against a blue background, above a red silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.
At CLM BBDO the copywriter was Vincent Cusenier and the artistic director was Lucie Valloton.
At the bottom of the page, the ad continues, "London-Paris by Eurostar for as little as €88*" and then in the small print, * indicates a return ticket.
Former Manchester United and LA Galaxy midfielder Beckham, who is 37 years old, signed a five-month deal with Paris St Germain for a fee reported to be more than £3m last week, but pledged to give all his wages to charity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Artworker (HTML) become £35K, Central London
- Data Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 + benefits, London
- Category Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/CA, Midlands region
- Category Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition