Freuds wins contract for TV channels Food Network and Travel Channel
Freud Communications has been awarded the retained UK consumer PR duties for the Food Network UK and Travel Channel International television channels, following a four-way pitch.
Food Network moves to Freuds after nearly two years with Frank, which was appointed to handle consumer PR after a pitch in 2011 by then Food Network EMEA managing director Nick Thorogood.
Travel Channel, which did not previously have a retained agency, was acquired by Food Network's US-based owner Scripps last year.
Thorogood, now SVP content and marketing, Scripps EMEA, said: 'With two channels now in the mix at different stages of development, our needs are changing.'
The brief is to promote the channels and their original programming across food, travel, lifestyle, news and entertainment media.
Sal James, account director at Freuds, will lead the account, reporting to the Food Network and Travel Channel's marketing teams.
Food Network UK's original programming includes Andy Bates Street Feasts.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Business Development Manager - brand experience agency Gabriele Skelton £45000 per annum, London
- New Business Developer Periscope Recruitment LLP £60000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager London up to £30,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Director Guru Careers £40 - 60k DOE, Based in South West London (SW18) - Commutable from Putney, Central London, The City, Greater London