Cancer Research signs up Brioche Pasquier as sponsor of Race for Life
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 February 2013 12:22PM
Cancer Research has signed up French baker Brioche Pasquier as a second tier sponsor of the charity's Race for Life fundraiser, the largest women-only fundraising event outside the US.
Brioche Pasquier will form part of a roster of sponsors, headed up by long-term headline sponsor Tesco. The supermarket has sponsored the event for more than 10 years. Cancer Research is now on the hunt for additional second tier sponsors.
Brioche Pasquier UK plans to use its first-ever sponsorship to promote its products through on-pack promotions.
The baker will also reward participants at each of its 231 events with a product from its brioche range. Brioche Pasquier will also host experiential activity at 10 Cancer Research events.
It is unclear the value of the sponsorship deal.
The deal was brokered by Generate Sponsorship.
Since its launch in 1994 Race for Life has raised £362m for research into cancer. Brioche Pasquier first entered the UK market in 1999.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Classified Sales Executive - lifestyle magazine! Ultimate Asset £18000 per annum + bonus, Bristol
- Data Analyst - Media Agency Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £45000 per annum + Handsome benefits, London
- Junior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Online Trading Manager - Leading Retailer Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy