campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
News from the latest pitches
Having completed chemistry meetings, Center Parcs has now shortlisted Adam & Eve/DDB, Brothers and Sisters and VCCP to compete for its £5 million advertising account. This means that 18 Feet & Rising, which worked on a strategic project for the holiday company in September last year, has been knocked off the list. The successful agency will be responsible for repositioning the brand ahead of the opening of a £250 million resort in Warren Wood, Bedfordshire, in 2014. Pitches are scheduled for March.
Chemistry meetings for the global Clarks advertising account and the Grant’s whisky review took place this week, while it has also emerged that a result on the £10 million Carling pitch is expected shortly. It is understood that it is down to Creature London and the incumbent, VCCP.
Gone are the days of tramps washing down their vomit with White Lightning. Cider seems to be growing in popularity and building a reputation as some sort of gastro alternative to wine and real ale. The latest cider owner to review is Westons, which is conducting a pitch through AAR. The agencies involved – soberly, we hope – are Enter (previously HMDG), Fallon, Havas Worldwide and WCRS. Westons owns brands including Stowford Press, Henry Westons and Old Rosie.
Iglo Foods recently kicked off a review of its Birds Eye consumer PR activity. Agency sources say that, because the pitch also includes a social media element, groups are looking at teaming their digital agencies alongside PR offerings. The review is separate to the ongoing international Iglo ad contest, which excludes UK advertising for Birds Eye.
Word of the combined Waitrose/John Lewis direct marketing review, through AAR, is emerging. Agencies suggest that while they are able to pitch for both accounts, currently held by Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, the client’s preference is to appoint a shop for each brand. However, some agencies are hoping John Lewis changes its mind and appoints a single shop.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account