campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
News from the latest pitches
Having completed chemistry meetings, Center Parcs has now shortlisted Adam & Eve/DDB, Brothers and Sisters and VCCP to compete for its £5 million advertising account. This means that 18 Feet & Rising, which worked on a strategic project for the holiday company in September last year, has been knocked off the list. The successful agency will be responsible for repositioning the brand ahead of the opening of a £250 million resort in Warren Wood, Bedfordshire, in 2014. Pitches are scheduled for March.
Chemistry meetings for the global Clarks advertising account and the Grant’s whisky review took place this week, while it has also emerged that a result on the £10 million Carling pitch is expected shortly. It is understood that it is down to Creature London and the incumbent, VCCP.
Gone are the days of tramps washing down their vomit with White Lightning. Cider seems to be growing in popularity and building a reputation as some sort of gastro alternative to wine and real ale. The latest cider owner to review is Westons, which is conducting a pitch through AAR. The agencies involved – soberly, we hope – are Enter (previously HMDG), Fallon, Havas Worldwide and WCRS. Westons owns brands including Stowford Press, Henry Westons and Old Rosie.
Iglo Foods recently kicked off a review of its Birds Eye consumer PR activity. Agency sources say that, because the pitch also includes a social media element, groups are looking at teaming their digital agencies alongside PR offerings. The review is separate to the ongoing international Iglo ad contest, which excludes UK advertising for Birds Eye.
Word of the combined Waitrose/John Lewis direct marketing review, through AAR, is emerging. Agencies suggest that while they are able to pitch for both accounts, currently held by Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, the client’s preference is to appoint a shop for each brand. However, some agencies are hoping John Lewis changes its mind and appoints a single shop.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel