Team Saatchi and Masius to merge
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
Saatchi & Saatchi has hired Fallon's Katrien De Bauw to the new role of chief operating officer and taken ownership of its sister Publicis Groupe ad agency Masius.
De Bauw, who will report to Magnus Djaba, the chief executive, will run day-to-day operations, manage growth and oversee a number of Saatchi & Saatchi’s key accounts.
Her role has been created in response to the agency’s new ownership of Masius, which will be merged with Team Saatchi and renamed Saatchi Masius, as well as its recent acquisition of the digital shop Outside Line.
The merger, which is due to be completed this month, aims to combine the delivery capability of Team Saatchi and the creative strength of Saatchi & Saatchi in a new company "designed to take on a broad spectrum of marketing challenges".
Chris Dell, the chief executive of Masius, and Surrey Garland, its executive creative director, will lead Saatchi Masius.
De Bauw joins Saatchi & Saatchi from its sister agency Fallon, where she was the managing director. She will be replaced at Fallon by the head of account management, James Townsend.
Djaba said: "I had the pleasure of working with Katrien for six years at Fallon, and she is an instinctive, experienced and motivating leader who will help steer us through the next phase in our agency’s growth and development."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Communications Manager | £45k | London Salt £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Junior Designer become £22-27K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push