Team Saatchi and Masius to merge
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
Saatchi & Saatchi has hired Fallon's Katrien De Bauw to the new role of chief operating officer and taken ownership of its sister Publicis Groupe ad agency Masius.
De Bauw, who will report to Magnus Djaba, the chief executive, will run day-to-day operations, manage growth and oversee a number of Saatchi & Saatchi’s key accounts.
Her role has been created in response to the agency’s new ownership of Masius, which will be merged with Team Saatchi and renamed Saatchi Masius, as well as its recent acquisition of the digital shop Outside Line.
The merger, which is due to be completed this month, aims to combine the delivery capability of Team Saatchi and the creative strength of Saatchi & Saatchi in a new company "designed to take on a broad spectrum of marketing challenges".
Chris Dell, the chief executive of Masius, and Surrey Garland, its executive creative director, will lead Saatchi Masius.
De Bauw joins Saatchi & Saatchi from its sister agency Fallon, where she was the managing director. She will be replaced at Fallon by the head of account management, James Townsend.
Djaba said: "I had the pleasure of working with Katrien for six years at Fallon, and she is an instinctive, experienced and motivating leader who will help steer us through the next phase in our agency’s growth and development."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'