Team Saatchi and Masius to merge
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
Saatchi & Saatchi has hired Fallon's Katrien De Bauw to the new role of chief operating officer and taken ownership of its sister Publicis Groupe ad agency Masius.
De Bauw, who will report to Magnus Djaba, the chief executive, will run day-to-day operations, manage growth and oversee a number of Saatchi & Saatchi’s key accounts.
Her role has been created in response to the agency’s new ownership of Masius, which will be merged with Team Saatchi and renamed Saatchi Masius, as well as its recent acquisition of the digital shop Outside Line.
The merger, which is due to be completed this month, aims to combine the delivery capability of Team Saatchi and the creative strength of Saatchi & Saatchi in a new company "designed to take on a broad spectrum of marketing challenges".
Chris Dell, the chief executive of Masius, and Surrey Garland, its executive creative director, will lead Saatchi Masius.
De Bauw joins Saatchi & Saatchi from its sister agency Fallon, where she was the managing director. She will be replaced at Fallon by the head of account management, James Townsend.
Djaba said: "I had the pleasure of working with Katrien for six years at Fallon, and she is an instinctive, experienced and motivating leader who will help steer us through the next phase in our agency’s growth and development."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account