New mobile phone payment ad campaign goes to Engine
Engine will create a multimillion-pound advertising campaign for a service allowing people to send and receive money by using their mobile phone number.
The group won the brief from the Payments Council after a competitive pitch that began in November last year.
Partners Andrews Aldridge will lead the account with support from Engine Strategy and Calling Brands.
The campaign will back the spring 2014 launch of the mobile payments service, which is supported by eight major financial institutions, including Barclays and HSBC.
The service will allow mobile users to opt in to a database that will enable them to send money by text message.
The multimillion-pound integrated campaign will attempt to build a brand for the service and promote it through advertising, corporate communications, social media and direct marketing.
Partners Andrews Aldridge is already working with the Payments Council on activity to promote its free account-switching service.
Alex Smith, a marketing manager at the Payments Council, said: "We were very impressed with Engine’s track record in being able to effect behaviour-change."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity