Tesco to offer free entertainment service for Clubcard holders
Tesco is testing a TV and movie service through its Blinkbox platform, which will be free to Clubcard holders.
The service, called Clubcard TV, is currently in beta testing and only available to Tesco staff.
Its website shows a range of family-friendly entertainment, including animated children’s programmes 'Justice League' and 'Care Bears'. Tesco also promises to provide drama, action, comedy and documentaries.
If the service is rolled out, customers will be required to enter their 16-digit Clubcard number and postcode to access the content for free.
The website states: "There are no schedules, no subscriptions, no fees – as long as you are a Tesco Clubcard customer and you have access to the internet, you’re free to enjoy Clubcard TV."
A Tesco spokeswoman said: "We’re always looking for new ways to reward our customers’ loyalty. We’re trialling Clubcard TV with colleagues to get their feedback before rolling it out more widely."
Tesco has owned an 80% stake in internet TV service Blinkbox since April 2011. Later that year, it became the first UK retailer to allow customers to stream a digital version of a film if they bought the physical version on DVD or Blu-ray.
Separately, it has been reported that Clive Dunn and Edwina Humby, the founders of Tesco Clubcard, have stepped down as non-executive directors of dunnhumby, the agency which manages the Clubcard programme.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs