Norway is the world's most advanced nation in terms of digital media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 11 February 2013 11:40AM
Norway has emerged as the most advanced nation in the world in terms of consumer adoption of digital media, with the UK ranked tenth.
In Norway, average penetration of IPTV, smartphones and tablets has reached 38.8% of people, with the UK totalling 23.1%, according to new research from ZenithOptimedia, putting it in 10th place.
Smartphone penetration in Norway is 65%, compared with a 44% average across the top 19 global markets.
Total penetration of smartphones reached 36% in 2012 across the 19 markets, with the forecast suggesting that this will double to 72% by 2015.
South Korea is the market outside Western Europe with the highest adoption of new technology, standing in ninth place with 23.1%. The US reaches 19.4%, putting it in 12th place.
Tablet penetration average 5% across the 19 markets in 2012 but is expected to reach 13% by 2015.
IPTV is the slowest growing of the three technologies but will reach 9% of homes across the 19 markets by 2015, up from 7% last year. The Netherlands, in third place overall in 2012, is expected to gain the top position by 2015 due to swift growth of IPTV takeup, resulting in 91% of homes having the technology by 2015, according to ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham