Keira Knightley 'sexually suggestive' Chanel ad banned
A Chanel TV ad starring Keira Knightley has been banned from kids' TV for being too sexual and unsuitable for young children.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) received a complaint about a TV ad for the perfume Coco Mademoiselle, which was shown before the 20th Century Fox film ‘Ice Age 2’.
The ad, which was made by Chanel’s in-house team, showed the actress being photographed on a bed. The photographer then unzipped her clothes before she undressed herself, exposing her back.
Wrapped in a bed sheet, she crawled towards the photographer and then leant back, after which he leaned in to kiss her. She then put a finger to her lips and said: "Lock the door".
Although the ASA acknowledged that the undressing in the ad took place in the context of a photo shoot, it ruled that the scenes involved "sexually suggestive" content.
As the photographer was directly involved in unzipping the actress's garments and it was suggested she was naked aside from a bed sheet, the ASA found there was "clear sexual tension" between the pair.
The ASA ruled the ad was suitable for older children but that the sexually suggestive material was unsuitable for young children, and so the ad was "inappropriately scheduled" alongside a film with particular appeal to children.
The watchdog ruled that the ad should have an "ex-kids" restriction in future and not be broadcast in its current form in or around programmes with a particular appeal to children.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM and Segmentation Manager JV Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car + Excellent Benefits + Bonus, West Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Account Director - B2B Technology Marketing Agency - Home Counties - £45k - £55k - NP108 Stonor £45k - £55k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / Surrey
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission - No Thresholds, Greater Manchester
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday