Mini Babybel signs up Alesha Dixon for Red Nose Day campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 12:34PM
Mini Babybel has signed up singer Alesha Dixon to be face of its TV ad campaign for next week's Red Nose Day.
The campaign, created by Brave, will invite people to "tell a cheesy joke" when it airs on 20 February, ahead of Red Nose Day on 15 March.
It will run across TV, radio and online. The 20-second spot features Dixon as a judge to find the nation’s cheesiest jokes as a line of children queue up to tell her theirs.
BabyBel will run a campaign to find the cheesiest joke and the winner will get the chance to tell their joke in a national TV spot, which will air in the spring.
Entries made through the Mini Babybel website can create an animated version of themselves. The avatar then tells the joke through speech bubbles and the joke can be shared via Facebook and email.
The creative director behind the spot was Caroline Paris and it was directed by Susannah Hayes through The Virtual TV Department. Media planning and buying was handled by OMD.
Ash Bendelow, managing director at Brave said: "The campaign marries Mini Babybel’s strategic focus on creating playful experiences to the humour of Red Nose Day.
"Having Alesha acting as judge makes a simple, compelling and credible narrative for the consumer from the TV and radio right through to the digital experience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter