Tesco Mobile recruits O2 marketer Simon Groves for CMO role
Tesco Mobile has recruited Simon Groves, a marketer at its network carrier O2, to become its new chief marketing officer.
Groves, currently head of brand, marketing and customer experience strategy at O2-owner Telefonica UK, will report to Tesco Mobile chief executive Roger Fogg. He will oversee the mobile virtual network operator’s customer-facing marketing and brand activities.
He has spent 12 years at O2, with responsibility for its brand and marketing, including defining its customer experience strategy and plans for the UK.
Groves becomes the latest high-profile departure from O2's marketing team. Last month, long-serving marketing and consumer director Sally Cowdry departed after 13 years with the business, to become the top marketer at National Lottery-operator Camelot UK Lotteries.
Groves said: "I look forward to working with Roger and the rest of the team to ensure that on its 10- year anniversary, Tesco Mobile remains a highly competitive network delivering great experiences for all our customers."
Among the previous head marketers at Tesco Mobile is Lance Batchelor, who left in 2011, and is now chief executive at Domino's Pizza.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Front end Designer/Developer become Competitive rates, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer become £30k-£35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media