Tesco Mobile recruits O2 marketer Simon Groves for CMO role
Tesco Mobile has recruited Simon Groves, a marketer at its network carrier O2, to become its new chief marketing officer.
Groves, currently head of brand, marketing and customer experience strategy at O2-owner Telefonica UK, will report to Tesco Mobile chief executive Roger Fogg. He will oversee the mobile virtual network operator’s customer-facing marketing and brand activities.
He has spent 12 years at O2, with responsibility for its brand and marketing, including defining its customer experience strategy and plans for the UK.
Groves becomes the latest high-profile departure from O2's marketing team. Last month, long-serving marketing and consumer director Sally Cowdry departed after 13 years with the business, to become the top marketer at National Lottery-operator Camelot UK Lotteries.
Groves said: "I look forward to working with Roger and the rest of the team to ensure that on its 10- year anniversary, Tesco Mobile remains a highly competitive network delivering great experiences for all our customers."
Among the previous head marketers at Tesco Mobile is Lance Batchelor, who left in 2011, and is now chief executive at Domino's Pizza.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - Central London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Zebra People £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - CRM - £50-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, Central London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure