BETC London wins global ad account for Bacardi
BETC London has picked up the global advertising account for the rum brand Bacardi.
The agency won the business following a five-month long competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies. The business moves from Johannes Leonardo, with which Bacardi parted company last September.
The £5m UK advertising account, handled by Brothers and Sisters, is not affected by the appointment nor is Mr President, which has just created a series of global online films to celebrate Bacardi’s 150th anniversary.
The Mr President films, which are being promoted on Facebook and Twitter and Bacardi.com, highlight some of the more colourful episodes from the brand’s history.
The New York-based shop Johannes Leonardo took over the global account in 2011 from the previous incumbent Y&R. The WPP network had worked on the agency since 2005 but the appointment was an attempt to find a boutique shop to oversee the bulk of its activity.
No one at BETC London would comment on the win.
Earlier this month Bacardi appointed Andy Gibson as its chief marketing officer, following the departure of Silvia Lagnado at the end of 2011.
Gibson becomes president of Bacardi Global Brands, and will be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the company’s portfolio of spirits brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Manager - Programme Management Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£38000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- HR Analyst - Financial Services - 6 month initial contract Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£30000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum + 6 month pro rata salary , London
- Lead Project Manager - Programme Management Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£50000 per annum + great benefits, London
- Digital Analytics Consultant Salt Ã‚£150 - Ã‚£200 per day, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [BTL / Promotions / Digital] - £45k - £50k + bonus! Fill Recruitment £45k - £50k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton