Lipton Tea runs Instagram photo challenge
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 02:14PM
Unilever-owned Lipton Tea is targeting a younger demographic for the first time, with an Instagram photo-challenge campaign.
The campaign, called 'Liptagram', created by OgilvyOne, will run for four weeks and will target a younger, 22- to 30-year-old demographic. Currently, Lipton Tea has an older demographic of drinkers.
The photo challenge will invite fans of the brand to tag their Instagram photographs with weekly themed hash tags, which celebrate Liptons' core values – for example, #LiptonBrightness.
A Liptagram Facebook app houses the competition, which will offer weekly prizes to the winners of each challenge. One overall winner will win an all-expenses-paid safari trip to Kenya for two.
The Liptagram competition is running across 11 countries.
OgilvyOne has created films to promote the four themes that have been seeded via Facebook.
Anthony Wickham, chief digital officer for Unilever, at OgilvyOne UK, said: "By harnessing the cross over between Instagram users and Lipton's target demographic, Liptagram taps into an existing behaviour, while bringing fresh relevance to the brand.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager/Producer - Agency Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Junior Designer,Developer #HMTL #CSS Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure