Lipton Tea runs Instagram photo challenge
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 02:14PM
Unilever-owned Lipton Tea is targeting a younger demographic for the first time, with an Instagram photo-challenge campaign.
The campaign, called 'Liptagram', created by OgilvyOne, will run for four weeks and will target a younger, 22- to 30-year-old demographic. Currently, Lipton Tea has an older demographic of drinkers.
The photo challenge will invite fans of the brand to tag their Instagram photographs with weekly themed hash tags, which celebrate Liptons' core values – for example, #LiptonBrightness.
A Liptagram Facebook app houses the competition, which will offer weekly prizes to the winners of each challenge. One overall winner will win an all-expenses-paid safari trip to Kenya for two.
The Liptagram competition is running across 11 countries.
OgilvyOne has created films to promote the four themes that have been seeded via Facebook.
Anthony Wickham, chief digital officer for Unilever, at OgilvyOne UK, said: "By harnessing the cross over between Instagram users and Lipton's target demographic, Liptagram taps into an existing behaviour, while bringing fresh relevance to the brand.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Lead Communications Strategy Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Project Manager Gabriele Skelton £40000 - £45000 per annum, Surrey
- Acquisition and CRM Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)
- Employee Communications Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)