JCDecaux, Mother and Karmarama back young creative competition
JCDecaux, Rankin and agencies including Mother and Karmarama are backing the return of a competition to find young creative talent, run by the Arts University Bournemouth (AUB).
The AUB’s annual ‘Who Are You?’ competition asks young adults to come up with a design for an outdoor billboard. The competition gives entrants a platform to show off their talents and think about creative careers.
The competition winners’ designs will be shown on JCDecaux billboards. Executives from the media owner will be part of the judging panel alongside people from Mother, Karmarama and design agency Bond and Coyne Associates.
The judging panel will also include: Rankin, the fashion photographer; Giles Duley, the war photographer; and young artist Stuart Semple.
Oliver Murray, business director at JCDecaux, said: "This is a unique project that recognises the value of outdoor media and JCDecaux’s integration with local communities.
"But more than that, it finds the common agenda between the flow of talent to the creative industries and the institutions that are the engines of that talent – specialist arts universities such as the Arts University Bournemouth."
The deadline for entries is 11 March and 20 designs will be chosen and displayed on donated space on more than 70 billboards across the country. More information is available on the AUB site.
Last year’s 10 winners were chosen by a public vote on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham