JCDecaux, Mother and Karmarama back young creative competition
JCDecaux, Rankin and agencies including Mother and Karmarama are backing the return of a competition to find young creative talent, run by the Arts University Bournemouth (AUB).
The AUB’s annual ‘Who Are You?’ competition asks young adults to come up with a design for an outdoor billboard. The competition gives entrants a platform to show off their talents and think about creative careers.
The competition winners’ designs will be shown on JCDecaux billboards. Executives from the media owner will be part of the judging panel alongside people from Mother, Karmarama and design agency Bond and Coyne Associates.
The judging panel will also include: Rankin, the fashion photographer; Giles Duley, the war photographer; and young artist Stuart Semple.
Oliver Murray, business director at JCDecaux, said: "This is a unique project that recognises the value of outdoor media and JCDecaux’s integration with local communities.
"But more than that, it finds the common agenda between the flow of talent to the creative industries and the institutions that are the engines of that talent – specialist arts universities such as the Arts University Bournemouth."
The deadline for entries is 11 March and 20 designs will be chosen and displayed on donated space on more than 70 billboards across the country. More information is available on the AUB site.
Last year’s 10 winners were chosen by a public vote on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CRM Manager- £40k + benefits Direct Recruitment £40k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £28-35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Copy Manager / Senior Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45K+, Putney Bridge
- Account Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Client Partnerships Director - retail brands Search Party 50-60k + 40% bonus (top benefits), London (Central), London (Greater)