JCDecaux, Mother and Karmarama back young creative competition
JCDecaux, Rankin and agencies including Mother and Karmarama are backing the return of a competition to find young creative talent, run by the Arts University Bournemouth (AUB).
The AUB’s annual ‘Who Are You?’ competition asks young adults to come up with a design for an outdoor billboard. The competition gives entrants a platform to show off their talents and think about creative careers.
The competition winners’ designs will be shown on JCDecaux billboards. Executives from the media owner will be part of the judging panel alongside people from Mother, Karmarama and design agency Bond and Coyne Associates.
The judging panel will also include: Rankin, the fashion photographer; Giles Duley, the war photographer; and young artist Stuart Semple.
Oliver Murray, business director at JCDecaux, said: "This is a unique project that recognises the value of outdoor media and JCDecaux’s integration with local communities.
"But more than that, it finds the common agenda between the flow of talent to the creative industries and the institutions that are the engines of that talent – specialist arts universities such as the Arts University Bournemouth."
The deadline for entries is 11 March and 20 designs will be chosen and displayed on donated space on more than 70 billboards across the country. More information is available on the AUB site.
Last year’s 10 winners were chosen by a public vote on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Partnerships Executive Stopgap £27000 per annum + + bonus (up to 20%), London
- Retail Marketing Manager, up to £60K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Great benefits inc £5K bonus potential, London
- Market Insight Manager, EDUCATION Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £36000 per annum, South East
- Consumer Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Trade Marketing Manager-MAT.COVER, Travel, £40-45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £44000 per annum, Surrey
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood