McCann London scoops Nature Valley business
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 08:00AM
General Mills has appointed McCann London to handle the UK and international advertising account for the Nature Valley cereal bar brand.
The appointment of McCann follows a review process that kicked off in August last year and involved a final three-way pitch.
Agency sources said McCann will handle the £3 million UK account plus the business in Australia and in selected European markets.
Work Club, the incumbent on the integrated UK business, did not pitch for the account but will continue to handle digital alongside the General Mills brands Häagen-Dazs and Old El Paso.
Nature Valley, which launched in the UK in 2006, was supported last year with distribution at London Underground stations to promote its status as the official supplier of cereal bars to London 2012.
Also in 2012, Nature Valley launched a TV ad by The Independence Orchestra showing city dwellers falling into a farmer’s field as they ate their cereal bars.
Rosie Doggett, who runs RAD Consulting, co-ordinated the pitch process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44