McCann London scoops Nature Valley business
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 08:00AM
General Mills has appointed McCann London to handle the UK and international advertising account for the Nature Valley cereal bar brand.
The appointment of McCann follows a review process that kicked off in August last year and involved a final three-way pitch.
Agency sources said McCann will handle the £3 million UK account plus the business in Australia and in selected European markets.
Work Club, the incumbent on the integrated UK business, did not pitch for the account but will continue to handle digital alongside the General Mills brands Häagen-Dazs and Old El Paso.
Nature Valley, which launched in the UK in 2006, was supported last year with distribution at London Underground stations to promote its status as the official supplier of cereal bars to London 2012.
Also in 2012, Nature Valley launched a TV ad by The Independence Orchestra showing city dwellers falling into a farmer’s field as they ate their cereal bars.
Rosie Doggett, who runs RAD Consulting, co-ordinated the pitch process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London