McCann London scoops Nature Valley business
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 08:00AM
General Mills has appointed McCann London to handle the UK and international advertising account for the Nature Valley cereal bar brand.
The appointment of McCann follows a review process that kicked off in August last year and involved a final three-way pitch.
Agency sources said McCann will handle the £3 million UK account plus the business in Australia and in selected European markets.
Work Club, the incumbent on the integrated UK business, did not pitch for the account but will continue to handle digital alongside the General Mills brands Häagen-Dazs and Old El Paso.
Nature Valley, which launched in the UK in 2006, was supported last year with distribution at London Underground stations to promote its status as the official supplier of cereal bars to London 2012.
Also in 2012, Nature Valley launched a TV ad by The Independence Orchestra showing city dwellers falling into a farmer’s field as they ate their cereal bars.
Rosie Doggett, who runs RAD Consulting, co-ordinated the pitch process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Full Stack Software Developer // BackBone.JS // Central London Salt negotiable, London
- Marketing, Social Media & Events Assistant Brand Recruitment £18000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Presentation Designer Major Players negotiable, City of London
- Presentation Designer Major Players £20 - £25 per hour, West London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%