French Connection splits with 101
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 08:00AM
French Connection is reviewing its creative arrangements after a split with 101, its agency for the past two years.
The fashion brand was a founding client of the agency, whose management had also worked on the business at their previous shop Fallon.
101 said in a statement: "It has become apparent that, in both advertising and beyond, we are pulling in different directions, and we have therefore chosen to part company decisively in order to pursue other opportunities."
The brand, which has just launched the spring/summer collection, is weighing up its options and said it would not conduct a formal pitch process. However, it is likely to meet with agencies while it considers how to complement its in-house resource.
Jennifer Roebuck, the marketing director, said: "We enjoyed working with 101 for two-and-a-half years, but we’re looking at new ideas."
Following Fallon’s "I am the man/I am the woman" work for the high-street chain, 101 developed the "I am the suit" activity. The agency has also created a forthcoming campaign, called "make a scene", to support the spring/summer collection.
Laurence Green, a founding partner at 101, said: "French Connection has always been a bold advertiser and an unapologetically demanding client. We have done some great work together and wish Stephen [Marks, the chief executive] and his team all the best."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Campaigns Officer Brand Recruitment £37000 per annum, Peterborough
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, West London
- Marketing Assistant Â– B2B Retail, £23k (Mat Cover) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Customer Data Manager Stopgap £43000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Agile Programme Manager - Games / Mobile / software development Digital Gurus £55000 - £72000 Per Annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity