French Connection splits with 101
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 08:00AM
French Connection is reviewing its creative arrangements after a split with 101, its agency for the past two years.
The fashion brand was a founding client of the agency, whose management had also worked on the business at their previous shop Fallon.
101 said in a statement: "It has become apparent that, in both advertising and beyond, we are pulling in different directions, and we have therefore chosen to part company decisively in order to pursue other opportunities."
The brand, which has just launched the spring/summer collection, is weighing up its options and said it would not conduct a formal pitch process. However, it is likely to meet with agencies while it considers how to complement its in-house resource.
Jennifer Roebuck, the marketing director, said: "We enjoyed working with 101 for two-and-a-half years, but we’re looking at new ideas."
Following Fallon’s "I am the man/I am the woman" work for the high-street chain, 101 developed the "I am the suit" activity. The agency has also created a forthcoming campaign, called "make a scene", to support the spring/summer collection.
Laurence Green, a founding partner at 101, said: "French Connection has always been a bold advertiser and an unapologetically demanding client. We have done some great work together and wish Stephen [Marks, the chief executive] and his team all the best."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film