Brands... for Valentine's Day
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 10:26AM
Ikea, BT and Tesco are among the brands hoping to get lucky this Valentine's Day in our round-up of love-themed ads and brand activity.
BT's Twitter competition plays cupid and encourages romantics to tweet their messages of love to the top of London's BT Tower.
But an ad for Ikea in Australia has become a social media hit, offering free cots to babies born nine months after Valentine's Day.
Supermarkets and retailers, including Tesco and John Lewis, have also taken the opportunity to promote flowers and gifts to last-minute shoppers.
Cadbury has a Promoted Trend on Twitter and other brands offering 140 character love notes include Citizen Watches, Royal Mail and Now TV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60 - £68K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager | Digital Nu Creative Talent £32k-41k + bonus + relocation , London
- Product Manager Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits, City of London
- Social Media Manager - Fashion Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Managing Editor - Online Publisher - Parenting Ultimate Asset £40000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'