Brands... for Valentine's Day
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 10:26AM
Ikea, BT and Tesco are among the brands hoping to get lucky this Valentine's Day in our round-up of love-themed ads and brand activity.
BT's Twitter competition plays cupid and encourages romantics to tweet their messages of love to the top of London's BT Tower.
But an ad for Ikea in Australia has become a social media hit, offering free cots to babies born nine months after Valentine's Day.
Supermarkets and retailers, including Tesco and John Lewis, have also taken the opportunity to promote flowers and gifts to last-minute shoppers.
Cadbury has a Promoted Trend on Twitter and other brands offering 140 character love notes include Citizen Watches, Royal Mail and Now TV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Director - Top Finance Client - Leading Media Agency Lipton Fleming £65000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Category Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment competitive salary plus bonus and benefits , High Wycombe
- Senior Media Planning Exec - Technology Client Lipton Fleming £28000 per annum + amazing benefits package, London
- Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Marketing - Travel. Better Placed Recruitment £80000 per annum + Car + bonus + Benefits , Leeds
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham