Brands... for Valentine's Day
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 February 2013 10:26AM
Ikea, BT and Tesco are among the brands hoping to get lucky this Valentine's Day in our round-up of love-themed ads and brand activity.
BT's Twitter competition plays cupid and encourages romantics to tweet their messages of love to the top of London's BT Tower.
But an ad for Ikea in Australia has become a social media hit, offering free cots to babies born nine months after Valentine's Day.
Supermarkets and retailers, including Tesco and John Lewis, have also taken the opportunity to promote flowers and gifts to last-minute shoppers.
Cadbury has a Promoted Trend on Twitter and other brands offering 140 character love notes include Citizen Watches, Royal Mail and Now TV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy