Maxus hires Zenith's Richard Stokes to lead new biz and marketing
Maxus has appointed Richard Stokes, ZenithOptimedia's head of new business and marketing for EMEA, to the position of global new business and marketing director, replacing Helena Snowdon.
Stokes will be responsible for leading new business and marketing across the 70 agencies in the global Maxus network, including heading global, multinational and key local pitches, as well as Maxus' wider branding and messaging.
When he starts his new job in March, Stokes will be based in London and will report to Lindsay Pattison, the media agency’s global chief strategy officer and chief executive of Maxus UK.
Stokes joined ZenithOptimedia in 2006 and was promoted to head of new business and marketing for ZenithOptimedia Worldwide in 2011, after holding other senior roles in the UK and Poland.
He has 16 years' experience in the media industry. After starting his career as a sales executive at IPC Media, he moved to media agencies, before spending a year as strategy and planning manager at Yahoo from 2004.
Snowdon left Maxus at the end of last year to join iProspect as EMEA new business and strategy director.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- International Account Manager SYLEX Recruitment £25000 - £31000 per annum, London
- Brand Strategist - to £60k Network Career Consultants £50000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Haymarket Media Group Depending on experience (plus up to 40% commission) , Teddington, Middlesex
- Managing Partner - Client Services Source £90000 - £100000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film