Maxus hires Zenith's Richard Stokes to lead new biz and marketing
Maxus has appointed Richard Stokes, ZenithOptimedia's head of new business and marketing for EMEA, to the position of global new business and marketing director, replacing Helena Snowdon.
Stokes will be responsible for leading new business and marketing across the 70 agencies in the global Maxus network, including heading global, multinational and key local pitches, as well as Maxus' wider branding and messaging.
When he starts his new job in March, Stokes will be based in London and will report to Lindsay Pattison, the media agency’s global chief strategy officer and chief executive of Maxus UK.
Stokes joined ZenithOptimedia in 2006 and was promoted to head of new business and marketing for ZenithOptimedia Worldwide in 2011, after holding other senior roles in the UK and Poland.
He has 16 years' experience in the media industry. After starting his career as a sales executive at IPC Media, he moved to media agencies, before spending a year as strategy and planning manager at Yahoo from 2004.
Snowdon left Maxus at the end of last year to join iProspect as EMEA new business and strategy director.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%