Magazine ABCs: Easy Living bright spark in tough glossy sector
Condé Nast's Easy Living bucked the trend in a struggling women's glossy magazine market in the last six months of 2012 by increasing its circulation by 7.1% year on year to 150,020.
According to figures from the Audit Bureau of Circulations for the second half of 2012, Condé Nast’s Easy Living was the only paid-for glossy magazine from a major publisher to increase its circulation year on year.
Easy Living’s sister magazine Glamour continued to be the biggest women’s glossy by circulation in the final six months of 2012. Glamour’s circulation was 424,077, a decline of 9.1% year on year and 9.8% period on period.
However, the second biggest magazine in the sector, Hearst Magazines UK’s Good Housekeeping, did not experience Glamour’s significant period-on-period drop and so managed to narrow the gap between the two titles.
Good Housekeeping had an average circulation of 409,326 in the final six months of 2012, down 8.7% year on year but a decrease of just 0.2% compared to the six months to 30 June 2012.
Bauer Media’s Grazia, which is a weekly glossy magazine, had an average circulation of 186,493 in the six months to 31 December 2012, a decrease of 9.2% year on year and 1.9% compared to the first half of 2012.
Dec end 2012
|Woman & Home||352,586||-0.3%||-7.2%|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London