Live military operations in Afghanistan to be aired on TV as part of TA campaign
TA soldiers filmed live in military operations in Afghanistan will feature in a campaign created by JWT London running this weekend.
The live ads, which will run on ITV, will show TA soldiers serving alongside their regular Army counterparts.
Each ad from the frontline will last approximately a minute and show volunteers in various scenarios and they are designed to show viewers how people with similar lives to theirs are volunteering to serve their country, as a fulfilling second career.
The campaign, on behalf of the Army Recruiting Group and Capita, is designed to encourage more people to join the TA. It forms part of 'TA Live' – an initiative that also comprises experiential events encouraging people to sign up at cities across the UK, electronic direct mail and social media management.
The campaign was created in association with ITN Productions as part of Capita’s contract with the Army to oversee army recruitment.
Major General Ranald Munro, deputy commander Land Forces (Reserves), said: "There has never been an advertising campaign like this. TA LIVE is an incredibly exciting opportunity to bring the TA to life and show just what a TA soldier does on the ground.
"We think this is a great way to demonstrate and educate the public about the role of the TA and the vital contribution they make to the UK Armed Forces.
"I know that there are plenty of people around the country who can play a key role in shaping the future of the Army."
See this week’s Campaign for more details.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne