Office of United Nations High Commissioner axes global refugee pitch
By Virgil Dickson, PRWeekUS, prweek.com, Monday, 18 February 2013 09:33AM
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has cancelled its search for a firm to help with global outreach.
In an RFP released late last year, the organisation said it was hoping to launch an effort in the coming months that would both draw attention to the plight of refugees and spell out the organisation's financial needs.
But the responses were subpar. 'We went out to the market but did not receive a satisfactory response,' a contracting officer for the UN told PRWeekUS.
The organisation has moved some of the components of the RFP in-house and it may go back to the market for other parts. However, this is still undecided, the officer said.
Had the UN awarded the contract, the ensuing campaign would have been the first time it conducted a joint comms and fundraising effort at the global level, according to RFP documents.
The office felt it needed a co-ordinated initiative from the concept stage through the production of outreach materials.
The campaign would have had two phases: planning and development and implementation. The budget for the first phase was up to $200,000 (£129,200). The fee for phase two had not been determined.
In June 2012, the United Nations Population Fund hired Portland Communications to help raise its profile around the globe.
In January 2012, the United Nations Foundation picked Weber Shandwick to develop the global communications strategy for the Sustainable Energy for All programme.
This article was originally published on PRWeekUS
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business