Emirates rolls out a series of animated ads in 14 languages
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 February 2013 11:26AM
Emirates has launched 29 whimsical animated ads in 14 languages to show the lighter side of language.
The ads are the next phase of the global airline’s 'Share A Smile' activity and part of its bigger global brand campaign, 'Hello Tomorrow’, which launched in April 2012.
Created by Strawberryfrog Amsterdam, the 15-second animated ads feature Emirates crew members expressing quirky and unusual expressions and greetings from around the world.
The online ads encourage viewers to share them with family and friends.
The 14 languages include English, Russian, Cantonese, Greek, French and Japanese.
The English animated ad is titled, "English cat" and shows a crew member explaining the saying, "You are the cat's whiskers means you are perfect".
The executive creative director on the ad was David Warner. Chris Cheeseman was the associate creative director. The copywriters were James Springall and Matthew Curlewis.
In addition, Emirates has created a behind the scenes video of the ads.
The first phase of Emirates’ "share a smile" activity launched in September last year.
Sir Maurice Flanagan, the executive vice-president of Emirates Airline and Group, said: "Emirates ‘Share a Smile’ has been created to showcase not only the breadth of linguistic skills amongst our international and multilingual crew, it is also intended to help build cultural understanding in a light-hearted way amongst travellers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media