Emirates rolls out a series of animated ads in 14 languages
Emirates has launched 29 whimsical animated ads in 14 languages to show the lighter side of language.
The ads are the next phase of the global airline’s 'Share A Smile' activity and part of its bigger global brand campaign, 'Hello Tomorrow’, which launched in April 2012.
Created by Strawberryfrog Amsterdam, the 15-second animated ads feature Emirates crew members expressing quirky and unusual expressions and greetings from around the world.
The online ads encourage viewers to share them with family and friends.
The 14 languages include English, Russian, Cantonese, Greek, French and Japanese.
The English animated ad is titled, "English cat" and shows a crew member explaining the saying, "You are the cat's whiskers means you are perfect".
The executive creative director on the ad was David Warner. Chris Cheeseman was the associate creative director. The copywriters were James Springall and Matthew Curlewis.
In addition, Emirates has created a behind the scenes video of the ads.
The first phase of Emirates’ "share a smile" activity launched in September last year.
Sir Maurice Flanagan, the executive vice-president of Emirates Airline and Group, said: "Emirates ‘Share a Smile’ has been created to showcase not only the breadth of linguistic skills amongst our international and multilingual crew, it is also intended to help build cultural understanding in a light-hearted way amongst travellers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight Digital Designer Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Junior Digital Designer (Sports) Propel £22000 - £28000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign