Mini launches tongue-in-cheek horsemeat ad
Mini has launched a tongue-in-cheek press ad referencing the horsemeat scandal, to promote its new roadster.
The print ad is one of the first to be created by iris Worldwide, after it won Mini’s ad account in December last year from WCRS.
The ad features a picture of the beefed-up new Mini John Cooper Works Roadster, with a headline that reads, "Beef. With a lot of horses hidden in it."
Shaun Mcilrath, Iris Worldwide's executive creative director, wrote the ad, while Adam Robinson worked as the designer on it.
It references the car’s 211 horsepower and plays on its beefy appearance, while light-heartedly alluding to the horsemeat scandal that has hit Europe over the past month.
If you have a diary story, please email email@example.com
click here to enlarge
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- eCom / Retail Marketing Manager (B2C) - Online Homewares Retailer Recruitment Revolution £45,000 + £5k bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol