Mini launches tongue-in-cheek horsemeat ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 09:10AM
Mini has launched a tongue-in-cheek press ad referencing the horsemeat scandal, to promote its new roadster.
The print ad is one of the first to be created by iris Worldwide, after it won Mini’s ad account in December last year from WCRS.
The ad features a picture of the beefed-up new Mini John Cooper Works Roadster, with a headline that reads, "Beef. With a lot of horses hidden in it."
Shaun Mcilrath, Iris Worldwide's executive creative director, wrote the ad, while Adam Robinson worked as the designer on it.
It references the car’s 211 horsepower and plays on its beefy appearance, while light-heartedly alluding to the horsemeat scandal that has hit Europe over the past month.
If you have a diary story, please email email@example.com
click here to enlarge
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Designer Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum + 20% bonus, London
- MW Designer/Art Director Red Sofa London £30000 - £40000 per annum, London