Game seeks marketing director to lead new strategy
Game, the troubled high-street retailer, is seeking a marketing director.
Incumbent Anna-Marie Mason is expected to leave in the coming weeks. She joined Game in 2010 from pharmacy business Alliance Healthcare.
Mason’s exit follows cuts to senior management in the wake of Game’s rescue from administration in 2012 by OpCapita. Chief commercial officer Tricia Brennan, who oversaw marketing, left the company last year.
In September, Game unveiled a fresh strategy based on value and ‘honesty’, following the merger of its Game and Gamestation brands.
It has also partnered gaming media company IGN Entertainment for a series of activities, beginning with an offer to play Xbox 360 game Gears of War: Judgement in-store ahead of its release.
Game chief executive Martyn Gibbs said he is keen to forge a deeper relationship with customers. ‘Our strategy is to be the most valuable community of gamers,’ he added. ‘We have 12m reward-card customers, the third biggest behind Boots and Tesco, and we want to grow this.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - SOCIAL MEDIA - Integrated agency - London - £40-45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k, London
- Russian speaking PPC Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, Middlesex
- Direct Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £13 per hour, Cambridge
- Digital Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £22000 - £30000 per annum, Bournemouth
- Fashion Account Director Michael Page Digital £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
Chronicles of Cannes – The Arrival
The annual advertising hajj that is the Cannes Lions has kicked off in a steamy haze of rosé, Brazilians and flashy boats. Twelve thousand delegates are desperately seeking out free drinks in between trying to squeeze into packed talks by a mix of celebs, industry legends, wannabes and hasbeens.