Game seeks marketing director to lead new strategy
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 08:00AM
Game, the troubled high-street retailer, is seeking a marketing director.
Incumbent Anna-Marie Mason is expected to leave in the coming weeks. She joined Game in 2010 from pharmacy business Alliance Healthcare.
Mason’s exit follows cuts to senior management in the wake of Game’s rescue from administration in 2012 by OpCapita. Chief commercial officer Tricia Brennan, who oversaw marketing, left the company last year.
In September, Game unveiled a fresh strategy based on value and ‘honesty’, following the merger of its Game and Gamestation brands.
It has also partnered gaming media company IGN Entertainment for a series of activities, beginning with an offer to play Xbox 360 game Gears of War: Judgement in-store ahead of its release.
Game chief executive Martyn Gibbs said he is keen to forge a deeper relationship with customers. ‘Our strategy is to be the most valuable community of gamers,’ he added. ‘We have 12m reward-card customers, the third biggest behind Boots and Tesco, and we want to grow this.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design & Production Assistant Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £30000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Senior Manager, Acquisition Marketing Creative Recruitment £55000 - £62000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India