Game seeks marketing director to lead new strategy
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 08:00AM
Game, the troubled high-street retailer, is seeking a marketing director.
Incumbent Anna-Marie Mason is expected to leave in the coming weeks. She joined Game in 2010 from pharmacy business Alliance Healthcare.
Mason’s exit follows cuts to senior management in the wake of Game’s rescue from administration in 2012 by OpCapita. Chief commercial officer Tricia Brennan, who oversaw marketing, left the company last year.
In September, Game unveiled a fresh strategy based on value and ‘honesty’, following the merger of its Game and Gamestation brands.
It has also partnered gaming media company IGN Entertainment for a series of activities, beginning with an offer to play Xbox 360 game Gears of War: Judgement in-store ahead of its release.
Game chief executive Martyn Gibbs said he is keen to forge a deeper relationship with customers. ‘Our strategy is to be the most valuable community of gamers,’ he added. ‘We have 12m reward-card customers, the third biggest behind Boots and Tesco, and we want to grow this.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show