Carlsberg hands Santo global ad business
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 12:50PM
Carlsberg is understood to have appointed Santo Advertising to handle its global ad account.
The Argentinian-based agency won the account after a three-way pitch against BETC and Fold7, which had previously worked with the brand. The review was conducted by The Observatory.
A review of the business began in December and was handled by the brewer’s head office in Copenhagen.
Fold7, which was appointed as the lead global agency for the brand’s relaunch campaign in 2010, introduced the line "That calls for a Carlsberg" in April last year.
Carlsberg dropped its famous "Probably the best lager in the world" tagline, created by Saatchi & Saatchi, in favour of the new positioning.
Fold7 has since created a patriotic TV campaign for Carlsberg starring Sir Bobby Charlton, Stuart Pearce, Ian Wright and Des Lynam, to promote the brand’s sponsorship of the Uefa Euro 2012 football tournament.
One ad, "fan academy", showed England fans being physically and mentally put through their paces.
A spokesman for Carlsberg had not returned a request for comment prior to publication.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Media AD - comms planning Aspire £40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum, London
- Mid-weight / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection £50K + excellent benefits including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Group Account Director Lipton Fleming £60000 per annum + health, pension, holiday + more perks!, London
- Digital Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS, London
- Media Group Manager Aspire £175 - £225 per day, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers