HTC boosts budget for One smartphone push
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 February 2013 11:31AM
HTC, the Taiwanese smartphone maker, is rolling out a major in-house marketing campaign for its flagship HTC One device.
HTC One will launch at the end of March across 80 countries and marks the smartphone maker’s biggest launch to date.
The Taiwanese smartphone marker is planning to significantly up its marketing support behind the new HTC One, after sales of the previous range of One phones were hit by Samsung's big budget Galaxy phone push.
According to a report in the Financial Times, HTC is to double its media support behind the phone compared to last year, and up its digital marketing budget by 250%.
In January the smartphone company parted ways with Mother, the incumbent on its estimated £100m global advertising business.
Peter Chou, HTC's chief executive, told the Financial Times the new ad campaign will focus on HTC’s "authenticity" and "innovation".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM & Communications Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive, Bedfordshire
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager | Recruitment Nu Creative Talent £40 - 50k, dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup