HTC boosts budget for One smartphone push
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 February 2013 11:31AM
HTC, the Taiwanese smartphone maker, is rolling out a major in-house marketing campaign for its flagship HTC One device.
HTC One will launch at the end of March across 80 countries and marks the smartphone maker’s biggest launch to date.
The Taiwanese smartphone marker is planning to significantly up its marketing support behind the new HTC One, after sales of the previous range of One phones were hit by Samsung's big budget Galaxy phone push.
According to a report in the Financial Times, HTC is to double its media support behind the phone compared to last year, and up its digital marketing budget by 250%.
In January the smartphone company parted ways with Mother, the incumbent on its estimated £100m global advertising business.
Peter Chou, HTC's chief executive, told the Financial Times the new ad campaign will focus on HTC’s "authenticity" and "innovation".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital