HTC boosts budget for One smartphone push
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 February 2013 11:31AM
HTC, the Taiwanese smartphone maker, is rolling out a major in-house marketing campaign for its flagship HTC One device.
HTC One will launch at the end of March across 80 countries and marks the smartphone maker’s biggest launch to date.
The Taiwanese smartphone marker is planning to significantly up its marketing support behind the new HTC One, after sales of the previous range of One phones were hit by Samsung's big budget Galaxy phone push.
According to a report in the Financial Times, HTC is to double its media support behind the phone compared to last year, and up its digital marketing budget by 250%.
In January the smartphone company parted ways with Mother, the incumbent on its estimated £100m global advertising business.
Peter Chou, HTC's chief executive, told the Financial Times the new ad campaign will focus on HTC’s "authenticity" and "innovation".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) Food / FMCG William Jackson Food Group £competitive, Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency Royds Raphael £35k-£38k+bonus+excellent benefits, London
- Project Manager - Branding & Design FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £150-£180+ neg day rate, London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad