OMD again tops rankings in The Gunn Report For Media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 February 2013 08:00AM
OMD has topped The Gunn Report For Media for a seventh successive time.
The network accrued the most points from winning awards around the world during 2012 for campaigns including Manning Gottlieb OMD’s Google "voice search".
Mindshare was once again in second place, with UM the only network to break into the top five, replacing Ogilvy & Mather, which was in fifth place in the 2011 report.
The most-awarded advertiser of the year was Coca-Cola, while the media holding company with the most awards was WPP’s Group M.
|The most-awarded agency networks worldwide 2012|
|3||Starcom MediaVest Group||218|
|Source: The Gunn Report For Media 2012|
The US was the most-awarded country, with the UK in second place and India in third. Campaigns winning the most points included BBDO Proximity Berlin’s "Smart eBall" work for Daimler, OMD Denmark’s "coin hunting" activity for McDonald’s and the aforementioned Google work from Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Mindshare’s most-awarded work was the Pepsi/MyShelter Foundation "bottle lights" campaign from Mindshare Philippines and BBDO Guerrero.
The Gunn Report For Media methodology includes global and national awards shows from 37 markets. The report highlights greater use of digital and social media in the award-winning 2012 campaigns.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director - Corporate Comms. - £60k Source £50000 - £70000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Planner Buyer Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Domino's £Six figure package + Car + Benefits, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Digital Account Director - FMCG Aspire £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film