Fold7 scoops Somersby brief as Carlsberg appoints Santo
Carlsberg has appointed Fold7 to handle the £10 million ad business for Somersby cider, as it moves the global account for Carlsberg beer to Santo.
Somersby, which launched in July last year, is understood to have appointed Fold7 after a competitive pitch against Team Saatchi.
The news comes as Carlsberg, which has worked with Fold7 on the advertising for the beer brand, moves the account into Santo.
Fold7 will create Somersby’s first high-profile campaign, which will launch across TV, press and outdoor.
Richard Barnes, the senior group marketing manager at Carlsberg, said: "The UK is a discerning market and, to successfully launch Somersby and carve a niche for the brand, we were looking for sophisticated creative with a characteristically British sense of humour.
"Fold7 pitched a winning idea and I’m looking forward to seeing it go into production and on to launch in March."
Somersby is Carlsberg’s first foray into the UK cider market and launched with a sampling campaign.
It competes against the market leader, the Heineken-owned Strongbow, along with newer entrants such as Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Stella Artois Cidre, in the increasingly popular cider market.
The Fold7 founding partner and creative director, Ryan Newey, said: "With a surging market for cider, Somersby will present a real challenge to the established brands. It’s 99.4 per cent apple and has no artificial flavouring, so this will be real refreshment. These credentials will live at the heart of our creative idea."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Product Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: healthcare, bonus, product discount, Nottingham
- Digital Marketing Executive Direct Recruitment £30,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control