ZenithOptimedia lands Kayak brief
Kayak, the US-based travel search engine, has hired ZenithOptimedia to handle its digital and offline media planning and buying business across Europe, including the UK.
The appointment follows a competitive pitch that began in November last year and was believed to have involved four other agencies.
Kayak spent £2 million in the UK last year, according to Nielsen. However, this is expected to be supplemented by significant digital spend.
The review also includes media activity in France, Italy, Spain and Poland, with spend expected to be in the region of £20 million over the coming year.
Belinda Rowe, a managing partner at ZenithOptimedia Worldwide, said: "Kayak’s global websites and mobile apps are experiencing phenomenal growth."
Kayak’s media review follows its acquisition by the US company Priceline Group in November last year in a deal that valued the business at $1.8 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid - Senior Developer (Laravel) Digital Gurus £35000 - £60000 Per Annum Benefits, London
- Account Director - Partnerships - Digital Silverdrum to £50,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater)
- Account Executive - B2B Marketing Agency Stonor £30-£45Kdoe, Oxfordshire
- Senior Full Stack Developer Digital Gurus £40000 - £65000 Per Annum Bonus and Benefits, Central London
- Mid Full Stack Developer Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum Benefits, Berkshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign