ZenithOptimedia lands Kayak brief
Kayak, the US-based travel search engine, has hired ZenithOptimedia to handle its digital and offline media planning and buying business across Europe, including the UK.
The appointment follows a competitive pitch that began in November last year and was believed to have involved four other agencies.
Kayak spent £2 million in the UK last year, according to Nielsen. However, this is expected to be supplemented by significant digital spend.
The review also includes media activity in France, Italy, Spain and Poland, with spend expected to be in the region of £20 million over the coming year.
Belinda Rowe, a managing partner at ZenithOptimedia Worldwide, said: "Kayak’s global websites and mobile apps are experiencing phenomenal growth."
Kayak’s media review follows its acquisition by the US company Priceline Group in November last year in a deal that valued the business at $1.8 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne