ZenithOptimedia lands Kayak brief
Kayak, the US-based travel search engine, has hired ZenithOptimedia to handle its digital and offline media planning and buying business across Europe, including the UK.
The appointment follows a competitive pitch that began in November last year and was believed to have involved four other agencies.
Kayak spent £2 million in the UK last year, according to Nielsen. However, this is expected to be supplemented by significant digital spend.
The review also includes media activity in France, Italy, Spain and Poland, with spend expected to be in the region of £20 million over the coming year.
Belinda Rowe, a managing partner at ZenithOptimedia Worldwide, said: "Kayak’s global websites and mobile apps are experiencing phenomenal growth."
Kayak’s media review follows its acquisition by the US company Priceline Group in November last year in a deal that valued the business at $1.8 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Dynamic New Alliances 45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad