Creature lands £10m Carling ad task ahead of cider launch
Creature London has picked up the £10 million ad account for Molson Coors' Carling.
The brief comprises above-the-line, digital and social media channels. Creature will also be responsible for the creative that will help launch Molson Coors’ first UK cider brand, Carling British Cider.
Creature won the business after a pitch against the incumbent, VCCP, and Beattie McGuinness Bungay, which had previously held the account. The review was handled by ISBA.
Molson Coors began the review in September last year, 12 months after switching the business from BMB to VCCP.
VCCP’s debut work, "brilliantly refreshing", aimed to reignite the brand’s image as "aspirational" yet accessible, and replaced BMB’s long-running "you know who your mates are" campaign. The soundtrack was Wondrous Place by Alice Gold.
A follow-up TV campaign for the brand’s premium variant, Carling Chrome, focused on a couple getting ready for a night out, accompanied by Get It On by T Rex.
Dan Shute, a managing partner at Creature, said: "Carling is one of those iconic brands that you dream of working on when you get into advertising, so it’s fair to say we’re pretty excited."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Strategy Twist Recruitment £125000.00 - £140000.00 per annum + Great BIG Agency Benefits... , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Communications Boardman Competitive + Excellent Benefits, Worcestershire / Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment negotiable, Leicestershire
- Account Director Role x 2, Social Media AD and a Digital AD role, entertainment brand, £55k salary MODA consult up to £55k + excellent benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign/ Account Manager - Fully Integrated Source £25000 - £32000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles