Creature lands £10m Carling ad task ahead of cider launch
Creature London has picked up the £10 million ad account for Molson Coors' Carling.
The brief comprises above-the-line, digital and social media channels. Creature will also be responsible for the creative that will help launch Molson Coors’ first UK cider brand, Carling British Cider.
Creature won the business after a pitch against the incumbent, VCCP, and Beattie McGuinness Bungay, which had previously held the account. The review was handled by ISBA.
Molson Coors began the review in September last year, 12 months after switching the business from BMB to VCCP.
VCCP’s debut work, "brilliantly refreshing", aimed to reignite the brand’s image as "aspirational" yet accessible, and replaced BMB’s long-running "you know who your mates are" campaign. The soundtrack was Wondrous Place by Alice Gold.
A follow-up TV campaign for the brand’s premium variant, Carling Chrome, focused on a couple getting ready for a night out, accompanied by Get It On by T Rex.
Dan Shute, a managing partner at Creature, said: "Carling is one of those iconic brands that you dream of working on when you get into advertising, so it’s fair to say we’re pretty excited."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Producer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Brand and Marketing Stopgap £65000 per annum, London
- Category Manager Stopgap £40000 per annum + Car Allowance & Benefits, Kent
- UX Producer/Designer Blue Tree Recruits £35,000 - £45,000, Cobham, Surrey
- Account Director, Integrated, SW London The Great & The Good £45000 - £55000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated