Reckitt kicks off digital ad contest
Reckitt Benckiser, the owner of Durex and Vanish, is reviewing its UK digital roster.
The FMCG company is understood to have contacted a number of agencies directly about the review.
Reckitt Benckiser, whose brands also include Air Wick and Dettol, works with agencies including Havas Worldwide, TMW and Zone.
The appointment of its new UK marketing director, Jérome Lemaire, in October 2012 is thought to have prompted the review.
Shortly after joining Reckitt Benckiser, Lemaire launched a £5 million push for Cillit Bang, bringing back its brand ambassador Barry Scott after a four-year hiatus. Earlier this month, Lemaire also invested £4 million in Air Wick with a change in strategy to highlight the brand’s scent.
To coincide with Valentine’s Day last week, Reckitt Benckiser launched two films by TMW to promote Durex Ultra Thin Feel as part of the brand’s "intensely close" campaign.
Reckitt Benckiser said it does not comment on discussions with agencies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliate Marketing Manager NG Digital Marketing around 30k DOE, West London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £36000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - Digital Marketing fishtank £40,000 to £50,000, Reading, Berkshire
- Freelance Digital Designer - Needed Vitamin Talent £250 -300 day rate, London - Central
- Creative team (art director & copywriter) Vitamin Talent £45-55k + 23 days hol + bens , London
Improving your social efforts through video
As a marketing expert, you are well aware of the need to grab hold of new media and put it to work for your business. You may have Twitter followers to spare, know exactly how to garner new “likes” in an instant on Facebook, and have people Pinning your products left, right and sideways. And yet, despite all of these successes, if you are not incorporating video into your marketing efforts, you are missing out on valuable opportunities to expand your brand into new audiences and to deepen the loyalty you already have among customers and fans.