Agencies line up for apprenticeship brief
Advertising agencies have been approached with a brief to promote the Government's apprenticeships drive.
Semta, the skills council responsible for science, engineering and manufacturing technologies, has contacted agencies about a pitch for a brief to convince young people to embark on an apprenticeship at one of the 132,000 companies it represents.
Agency sources suggested that part of the brief relates to positioning apprenticeships as a viable alternative to higher education.
Recent government statistics suggest that new apprenticeships reached 520,600 in the 2011/12 academic year, a rise of 13.9 per cent year on year.
However, the Business Secretary, Vince Cable, stressed that "lack of trained workers" remains a concern for businesses.
The Government is keen to put vocational education on a par with academic learning and cited promoting careers in engineering as a priority.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Forward Thinking Senior Digital Project/ Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £52000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.