Carat Manchester handed £5m Mirror Group account
Carat Manchester is believed to have picked up the £5 million media planning and buying business for Mirror Group, previously handled by Arena Media, without a pitch.
Arena Media, the incumbent on the business since December 2009, has confirmed the newspaper group’s media account has been "surprisingly" withdrawn from them, "without any prior warning".
Aegis Media’s Carat Manchester is expected to begin working with the Mirror Group from next month, which includes all marketing campaigns for the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Daily Record.
However, an Aegis spokesperson refused to comment on whether the agency has picked up the Mirror Group’s business, for reasons unknown.
The account move comes amid growing tensions between News International and Aegis Media.
In October 2012, Trinity Mirror unveiled a move to create a single unified publishing structure.
The reorganisation was designed to allow editorial, advertising and support functions to operate as effectively as possible across all of the Group's print and digital publishing operations.
As part of the restructure a newly-formed Publishing Operations Group - which includes senior executives from editorial, advertising and digital - now drive the vision of One Trinity Mirror to ensure the "full publishing potential of the business is realised".
Lloyd Embley was promoted to the position of editor-in-chief of the national titles and Mark Hollinshead became Trinity Mirror's chief operating officer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Research and Insight Executive Pitch Consultants £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Client Manager Brand Consultancy Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director - communications agency Gabriele Skelton £60000 per annum, London
- Assistant Digital Fundraising Manager Spotlight Recruitment £34000 - £36000 per annum + great benefits, London
- Senior Media Planner - Exciting Mix of Clients Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood