Kellogg's partners with ITV's CITV
Kellogg's, the owner of Rice Krispies and Coco Pops, has signed a partnership with the CITV portfolio, which kicks off on 25 February.
Kellogg's will sponsor weekday afternoon and weekend breakfast programming on the ITV channel to promote children's cereals such as Honey Loops, Honey Pops, Mini Max, Rice Krispies Multi-Grain Shapes and Coco Pops Croc Prints.
The activity was planned and bought by Carat and the idents will feature animated characters representing each of the cereals, such as 'Pops the Bee' to promote Honey Loops and Honey Pops.
Other characters will include 'Coco the Monkey' and his friends trying to catch 'Croc' for Kellogg’s Coco Pops Croc Prints and Mini Max’s 'Mini', who helps children get ready for school.
The six-month six-figure CITV sponsorship is part of a wider range of partnerships, which will include a Kellogg's Mini Max promotion and competition with Turner Broadcasting’s Boomerang, Cartoon Network and CNToo.
Robert Honeywood, sponsorship manager at Carat Sponsorship, said: "Our strong and trusted relationship with Kellogg's means that we are able to marry strategic thinking with imaginative collaborations to create exciting new partnerships.
"Carat will build on the success of last year's activity to drive consumer engagement through innovative sponsorship activations."
Earlier this month, Kellogg's started sponsorship of the parenting website Netmums, to position itself as a "facilitator of fun" because its cereals gave children the energy to play and learn.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- ITV targets football fans ahead of 2014 World Cup qualifiers
- ITV pre-tax profits rise 6% led by growth in digital and production
- Glue Isobar hires Douglas Le Patourel to run Kellogg's
- Kellogg restructures marketing team in wake of Pringles purchase
- Special K undergoes first recipe revamp for 30 years
- Crunchy Nut loses bite as sales plummet
- ITV rebrand: watch the idents
- UKTV poaches ITV's Tennant
- Media: All about ... ITV programming
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web