Jessica Ennis to become face of Santander
By Ben Bold, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 22 February 2013 10:05AM
Santander has signed a deal with Olympic gold medallist Jessica Ennis, who will become the first female face of the UK brand in its upcoming TV advertising campaign.
Santander, which in the past has used sports stars including Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button to front advertising campaigns, said that the addition of Ennis to its cast of brand ambassadors would enable it to appeal more to women.
Ana Botin, Santander UK's chief executive, said: "Santander UK's corporate partnerships with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Rory McIlroy have been extremely successful.
"I am delighted to welcome Jessica to our extraordinary Santander team, to build on the success of our existing partnerships and to form a new alliance for us, in a different sport."
Santander claims that its use of sports stars has raised its UK brand awareness from 20% to 94%.
Ennis, who won a gold in the London 2012 Olympic Games heptathlon, added: "Santander is a traditional bank, as well as one that focuses on giving value to customers through very competitive products.
"I'm proud to say I am one of those customers, and am really excited to be working with Santander and appearing in the new advertising campaign."
Ennis's other recent endorsement deals have included Jaguar, Coca-Cola-owned Powerade, BA, Aviva and Procter & Gamble's skincare brand Olay.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web