Transport for London unveils Penguin series to mark 150th anniversary
Transport for London is entering the next phase of its anniversary celebrations marking 150 years of the Underground, with the release of a 12-strong series of branded Penguin paperbacks that look at the social and cultural impact of the Tube.
Next week TfL and Penguin will unveil the books, which have been themed around individual Tube lines, supported by promotional activity.
The authors include John O'Farrell, the Labour parliamentary candidate for Eastleigh and comedy writer who has penned a short story about capitalism and the Jubilee line, cultural commentator Peter York, and Kids Company founder Camila Batmanghelidjh.
The Underground turned 150 on 9 January and the anniversary is being marked by TfL with a year-long programme of events. It kicked off with a poster and digital poster campaign via its assets including Tube stations and trains, and has also encompassed PR, such as recreating the first Tube journey.
Sponsors such as Virgin Media and CBS are helping to fund the marketing push and TfL has established a commercial partnership group to handle interest from brands wanting to be involved.
While the drive aims to celebrate the landmark anniversary, it also forms part of an attempt by TfL to communicate the need for continuous improvement to the network.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Technical SEO Senior Executive Ultimate Asset £23000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Bonus, London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior SEO Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London