Sony Mobile introduces Be Moved strapline
Sony Mobile has introduced a new strapline, 'Be Moved', as it seeks to align its marketing into the group's overall communications strategy.
The mobile division of Sony launched its Xperia range in March with the strapline, 'Made of Imagination', in a high-profile ad campaign directed by Wes Anderson, The strapline was phased out in later activity.
A Sony Mobile spokeswoman said the new 'Be Moved' line will be used as a "long-term campaign platform" to better fit with the company's wider 'One Sony' strategy, which is centred around three core pillars of mobile, gaming and digital imaging.
The spokeswoman said: "'Made of Imagination' was always at the heart of Sony Mobile DNA. As we move into 2013 and become fully integrated into Sony we are also aligning into Sony’s overall communications strategy.
"Our new strapline is 'Be Moved' as we feel that this is the consumer articulation of our guiding principle – that Sony is making technology that is engineered to feel."
Sony Mobile launched the "be moved" TV ad this week to push the flagship Xperia Z phone. The campaign, by McCann London, celebrates Sony’s "proud heritage of innovation and how the brand continues to touch the lives of people around the world".
Creative includes footage form the Holi festival in India and features the Xperia Z alongside Sony products from the past, including the first PlayStation and the Walkman.
Earlier this month Steve Walker, Sony Mobile's chief marketing officer, announced his departure, claiming it was part of plans to restructure the brand in line with its 'One Sony' global operating model.
Walker, who joined Ericsson in the 1990s, assumed the top global marketing role in March 2011, replacing Lennard Hoornick.
Last year, he led the rebrand of the company from Sony Ericsson to Sony Mobile, and the launch of its "Made of imagination" brand positioning last year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy