Chris Harris steps down from Cheil Europe
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 February 2013 12:36PM
Chris Harris, the president and chief operating officer of Cheil Europe, is stepping down from the role.
Following Harris’ departure Matt Pye, the managing director of Cheil UK, will take on greater responsibility for Cheil in the UK.
Harris said he was leaving for personal reasons and to pursue activities outside advertising. He said: "After 33 years in advertising, I’m leaving the sector to do something completely new to me and I don’t yet know what that will be."
Harris joined Cheil, the Korean network that handles a large chunk of Samsung’s advertising, in 2010 after a short spell as the managing director of Leagas Delaney. He previously spent almost 20 years at Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Pye will lead a team that includes Logan Wilmont, the executive creative director; Daniele Fiandaca, the head of innovation; and Tony Evans, the head of planning.
Cheil’s London agency is now 100-strong and focuses mainly on servicing the Samsung business. However, it is looking to expand by winning other clients.
Pye, a former business director at Ogilvy & Mather, said: "The team we’ve created is already proving potent, as witnessed by our growth.
"My focus will be to maintain this momentum in 2013 by continuing to grow our relationship with Samsung, balanced with an ambitious new-business strategy."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Lead Domestic Product Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Sales Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Junior E-commerce Retoucher Purple Consultancy £18000 - £22000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film