Trinity Mirror shifts £5m media into Aegis shops
Trinity Mirror has confirmed the centralisation of its £5 million media planning and buying business into Aegis UK agencies. Executives at Trinity Mirror deny that the move is connected to Aegis clients shifting advertising spend into the publisher's papers.
The bulk of the group’s national and regional brands, handled by the Havas-owned Arena Media since 2009, will be led out of Carat Manchester from May 2013. Carat also has offices in Newcastle, Leeds, Edinburgh and London.
Trinity Mirror’s Media Scotland account, which includes the Daily Record and Sunday Mail, is remaining with Aegis’ Edinburgh-based MediaVision. The agency has worked with the brands for 12 years.
Mark Hollinshead, the chief operating officer at Trinity Mirror, said: "Aegis is best-positioned to reach our geographic network of newspaper brands. Its network of agencies and digital know-how best matches the structure of our organisation."
Hollinshead said the move was "categorically not" in relation to Aegis media agencies moving around £8 million from News International newspapers to Trinity Mirror titles over the past year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Email Campaign Manager (Retail 12 months FTC) ADLIB 30-38k, Devon
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£38000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Web Analysts (Online Retailer) JV Recruitment £25000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account manager/Account Director - both FL AND Perm Network Career Consultants Ã‚£200 - Ã‚£250 per day, London
- Acquisition Marketing Manager Ninesharp Ã‚£40000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, Middlesex