Trinity Mirror shifts £5m media into Aegis shops
Trinity Mirror has confirmed the centralisation of its £5 million media planning and buying business into Aegis UK agencies. Executives at Trinity Mirror deny that the move is connected to Aegis clients shifting advertising spend into the publisher's papers.
The bulk of the group’s national and regional brands, handled by the Havas-owned Arena Media since 2009, will be led out of Carat Manchester from May 2013. Carat also has offices in Newcastle, Leeds, Edinburgh and London.
Trinity Mirror’s Media Scotland account, which includes the Daily Record and Sunday Mail, is remaining with Aegis’ Edinburgh-based MediaVision. The agency has worked with the brands for 12 years.
Mark Hollinshead, the chief operating officer at Trinity Mirror, said: "Aegis is best-positioned to reach our geographic network of newspaper brands. Its network of agencies and digital know-how best matches the structure of our organisation."
Hollinshead said the move was "categorically not" in relation to Aegis media agencies moving around £8 million from News International newspapers to Trinity Mirror titles over the past year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Product Development Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- PR Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'