Brothers Cider unveils premium packaging
Brothers Cider has revamped the packaging across its range and is rolling out a £5m marketing campaign to promote it as a premium brand.
The move comes as the brand celebrates its fifth year on sale in the on-and-off trade sectors – previously it was only available at the Glastonbury festival.
The new look uses a mixture of classic and modern typefaces alongside new illustrations, and elements of an early design drawn up by the wife of one of the company's eponymous brothers.
It will make its debut on the 500ml bottle range of Strawberry, Wild Fruit (previously Tutti Frutti) and Toffee Apple-flavoured ciders, together with the signature 7% ABV Festival Pear Cider. Over the coming months, the new design will roll out across the full range of bottles and cans.
The relaunched packaging will be backed by a £5m UK-wide marketing push across outdoor and digital advertising, as well as sampling with the aim of reaching 20 million consumers.
Matthew Showering, one of the four brothers who founded the Somerset company, said that while the company had been a success, "keeping the brand as a genuine and effective choice amongst the now rather crowded cider and fruit-flavoured fixture requires constant innovation.
"This next stage of our journey reflects the changing needs in the British cider market. We know more people than ever are drinking cider and we recognise the early adopters of Brothers who discovered our cider at Glastonbury have grown older and wiser."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure