Brothers Cider unveils premium packaging
Brothers Cider has revamped the packaging across its range and is rolling out a £5m marketing campaign to promote it as a premium brand.
The move comes as the brand celebrates its fifth year on sale in the on-and-off trade sectors – previously it was only available at the Glastonbury festival.
The new look uses a mixture of classic and modern typefaces alongside new illustrations, and elements of an early design drawn up by the wife of one of the company's eponymous brothers.
It will make its debut on the 500ml bottle range of Strawberry, Wild Fruit (previously Tutti Frutti) and Toffee Apple-flavoured ciders, together with the signature 7% ABV Festival Pear Cider. Over the coming months, the new design will roll out across the full range of bottles and cans.
The relaunched packaging will be backed by a £5m UK-wide marketing push across outdoor and digital advertising, as well as sampling with the aim of reaching 20 million consumers.
Matthew Showering, one of the four brothers who founded the Somerset company, said that while the company had been a success, "keeping the brand as a genuine and effective choice amongst the now rather crowded cider and fruit-flavoured fixture requires constant innovation.
"This next stage of our journey reflects the changing needs in the British cider market. We know more people than ever are drinking cider and we recognise the early adopters of Brothers who discovered our cider at Glastonbury have grown older and wiser."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief