Bulmers to align brand with 'beginning of the weekend' with multi-million pound push
Bulmers is rolling out its first major marketing push, including TV advertising, using its new creative positioning which seeks to align the cider with the beginning of the weekend.
The Heineken-owned brand will roll out a 60-second spot, created by Adam & Eve/DDB, on March 4. It follows groups of young people enjoying a summer night in the city, but, as the ad continues, it becomes clear that the journeys and events are being played out in reverse.
The ad ends at the beginning, with the first drink of the evening with the aim of showing that Bulmers over ice is the "perfect way to begin great times with friends".
The work, which was planned and bought by MediaVest, is the first TV ad using the new brand positioning "In the Beginning" and builds on print and outdoor activity launched last summer to celebrate the founding of HP Bulmer cider company in Hereford in 1887.
Michael Gillane, Heineken brand director for ciders, said: "The new advertising is part of a multi-million pound marketing campaign for the brand encompassing TV, digital and social media and a multi-media partnership which will celebrate the beginning of the weekend for 10 weeks over the summer."
As well as TV, the drive will include outdoor, digital, social and experiential activity.
Bulmers is also introducing two new 4% ABV bottled ciders: ‘Bulmers Cider Bold Black Cherry’ and ‘Bulmers Cider Pressed Red Grape’, a blend of apple cider and red grapes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £22,000, South Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Head of Retail Twist Recruitment £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith