Bulmers to align brand with 'beginning of the weekend' with multi-million pound push
Bulmers is rolling out its first major marketing push, including TV advertising, using its new creative positioning which seeks to align the cider with the beginning of the weekend.
The Heineken-owned brand will roll out a 60-second spot, created by Adam & Eve/DDB, on March 4. It follows groups of young people enjoying a summer night in the city, but, as the ad continues, it becomes clear that the journeys and events are being played out in reverse.
The ad ends at the beginning, with the first drink of the evening with the aim of showing that Bulmers over ice is the "perfect way to begin great times with friends".
The work, which was planned and bought by MediaVest, is the first TV ad using the new brand positioning "In the Beginning" and builds on print and outdoor activity launched last summer to celebrate the founding of HP Bulmer cider company in Hereford in 1887.
Michael Gillane, Heineken brand director for ciders, said: "The new advertising is part of a multi-million pound marketing campaign for the brand encompassing TV, digital and social media and a multi-media partnership which will celebrate the beginning of the weekend for 10 weeks over the summer."
As well as TV, the drive will include outdoor, digital, social and experiential activity.
Bulmers is also introducing two new 4% ABV bottled ciders: ‘Bulmers Cider Bold Black Cherry’ and ‘Bulmers Cider Pressed Red Grape’, a blend of apple cider and red grapes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Event Producer / Project Manager / Production guru - Fashion!! Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Data and Insights Analyst Amnesty International Secretariat £43,812, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch