Comparethemarket updates Robert Webb campaign
Comparethemarket.com is launching the next phase of its new ad campaign staring comedian Robert Webb.
A 60-second TV spot, created by VCCP, will air today and feature Webb playing the fictional character of Comparethemarket.com chief executive, Maurice Wigglethorpe Throom.
The ad is focuses on the tension caused by the ongoing confusion between his comparison website and Comparethemeekat.com, run by meerkat Alexandr Orlov. It is the second ad to feature Webb. The first instalment launched on Boxing Day.
While the campaign does not feature the brand’s meerkat mascot, Alexandr Orlov, it will continue to run ads featuring the successful character separately. A climax of Orlov meeting Wigglethorpe Throom is expecting to happen in future campaigns.
The ad was written by Jonathan Thake and directed by Simon Cole through HSI.
The campaign will be supported by online, eCRM and online display activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Senior Brand Manager - EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)