Comparethemarket updates Robert Webb campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 11:57AM
Comparethemarket.com is launching the next phase of its new ad campaign staring comedian Robert Webb.
A 60-second TV spot, created by VCCP, will air today and feature Webb playing the fictional character of Comparethemarket.com chief executive, Maurice Wigglethorpe Throom.
The ad is focuses on the tension caused by the ongoing confusion between his comparison website and Comparethemeekat.com, run by meerkat Alexandr Orlov. It is the second ad to feature Webb. The first instalment launched on Boxing Day.
While the campaign does not feature the brand’s meerkat mascot, Alexandr Orlov, it will continue to run ads featuring the successful character separately. A climax of Orlov meeting Wigglethorpe Throom is expecting to happen in future campaigns.
The ad was written by Jonathan Thake and directed by Simon Cole through HSI.
The campaign will be supported by online, eCRM and online display activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)